The Account Manager- Social Media is responsible for managing the brand’s social media strategy by liaising with all stakeholders involved in its activities. You will interact with internal teams and external partners (social media and influencer agencies). We are looking for someone to optimize the brand’s social presence and influencer programs as well as oversee day-to-day activities. The Account Manager- Social Media will report to the Social Media Manager and will collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure all social media and influencer efforts are aligned with the brand strategy.
The ideal candidate has effective communication and vendor management skills, very good knowledge of social media best practices and an analytical mindset. The ability to build strong relationships with the social media agency partner and social media customer service team will be measured. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to provide valuable social media insights and action plans to improve the brand’s social presence and KPIs.
- Collaborate effectively with the various stakeholders (managers, leads and other coordinators) to assist with social media strategy, planning as well as provide support on the execution.
- Act as point of contact between internal teams and external vendors to ensure alignment of social media activity and programs with brand campaigns and objectives.
- Monitor social media engagement and brand mention reports to capitalize on brand/influencer opportunities and escalate player issues to player advocacy/customer service.
- Establish the mandate scope, deliverables, key performance indicators, project constraints, budgets and deadlines, in collaboration with internal teams and in relation to the realities of our agency partners.
- Daily communication with stakeholders to track progress of program and deliverables.
- Maintain excellent professional relationships and ease in working with internal and external partners.
- Assist in the creation of business cases for new social media and influencer programs.
- See that budgets and deadlines are respected, while ensuring successful program deliveries.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly agency meetings to track progress and address project roadblocks.
- Manage projects and initiatives related to social media activity and campaign strategy related to business need.
- Analyze social media content performance and work with agency partner to optimize accordingly.
- Keep track of social media results and analyze reporting from agency partners communicate valuable insights and action plans to internal stakeholders.
- 2-3+ years’ experience an advertising/ social agency or similar marketing department category/product experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications (or any other related sector) or relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, influencers and community management best practices.
- Analytical mindset and ability to communicate valuable insights and recommend action plans based on reports.
- Experience with the MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and a general comfort level with numbers.
- Vendor/agency management experience and great communication.
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly with diplomacy and persuasion.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep track of and meet deadlines.
- Ability to thrive and prioritize in a dynamic, constantly changing work environment.
- Team player, adaptable and able to work with a number of different departments.
- A passion for communications, advertising and social media and a strong desire to learn.